Sirius Video - A Long Time Coming
March 29, 2007
Sirius Video has been spoken about for years. At the consumer electronics show each of the last three years, Sirius has demonstrated the service. The technology was there, but a market needed to be defined, and an OEM needed to take the leadership role in getting the service from concept to reality.
That day has come.
For the first time, investors can now understand what the service is, how it works, and the pricing structure. In my opinion Sirius has made a few smart moves in relation to this service.
1. You can only get Sirius Backseat TV if you are a Sirius subscriber. This means that Sirius will be getting a minimum of $19.95 per month from these people.
2. The price point of the option at $470 is not out of reach when buying a car, and with 1 year of Back Seat TV free, it makes the deal seem like a winner to the consumer.
3. The content. Sirius garnered some of the biggest names in kids programming. SSG had already informed our readers that Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network were on board back in January
. The third channel being Disney is HUGE.
4. With this new service, Sirius ads value to being a Sirius subscriber. It is a convergence of technologies that is being delivered by one company.
5. Now kids can have their entertainment and parents can tune into Classic Rewind instead of Radio Disney. EVERYONE IS HAPPY!!!!!
One SSG reader, Warren, has been waiting for this day for some time. He lamented about the DVD based systems in his car. "The DVD's are great, but they wind up scratched and useless after only a short period of time, because the kids keep switching DVD's"....."A video service would actually be a better value. All I think of is that I am constantly buying DVD's only to see them become useless."
Yes, the service took some time to happen, but now it is here. Fresh and constant entertainment for the kids for only $7.00 per month........and the driver once again has control of the radio.
Labels: backseat tv, sirius, sirius video
3/29/2007 10:49:00 AM
SSG Has Merged. You Can Read All Of The Latest SSG Content By Clicking Here
SSG is not a Financial Advisor. Read Disclosure: HERE