May 30, 2007
Tyler SaverySatellite Standard Group Has Merged With Sirius Buzz
Find the latest SSG news and forums at www.siriusbuzz.com
We here at SSG have spent a bit over a year building this site into something that we hope you consider valuable. While we have been adept at keeping you informed with information, we have had challenges with taking the site to the next level, and integrating features that you the readers have been looking for.
We are very pleased to announce that Satellite Standard Group is merging with SiriusBuzz.com to become a destination site that will not only give you the latest news, but will also allow you the reader to participate in forums to discuss satellite radio. We look forward to serving you as “Sirius Buzz – Satellite Standard and Beyond”.
This merger came about because the folks at SiriusBuzz and SSG have a common passion in satellite radio, and we wanted to offer fans, consumers, and investors with a similar a common place to access as well as discuss information. Best of all……no waiting for the DOJ and FCC. You get all the synergies NOW!!!!WHAT TO EXPECT
- Expect the same dynamic articles and coverage that you have seen with SSG as well as the tremendous opinions and articles from SiriusBuzz. SSG writers will transition to the SiriusBuzz domain beginning May 30, 2007
- Expect a forum community that will meet your needs in a well structured manner. Whether it is discussion about stock, installations, hardware, or simply chatter about the shows on satellite radio, there will be a forum for you to participate in.
- Expect the new site to change rapidly to meet your needs, and for the look feel and usability of the site to be crisp, clean, and user friendly.
- Expect prizes for participation as this venture launches.
- Expect a more varied opinion, and instant access to comments and reaction to news and articles in the forums.
- Expect a more user friendly place to discuss satellite radio that is free of spamming posts, and meaningless chatter.
- A more interactive site that has the ability to grow, meet needs, and deliver the highest quality content available regarding satellite radio.
- Expect to see the SSG sister site www.satcos.blogspot.com to become integrated, and to take on a more prominent role to seek out and publish the true consumer sentiment and opinions about satellite radio.WHAT HAPPENS TO THE ARCHIVED SSG CONTENT?
- The existing SSG content will remain in place at www.satellitestandard.com. We have not yet determined how the existing SSG content will be accessed from the SiriusBuzz site, but will be working on solutions for that.DOES THIS MEAN SSG WAS SOLD?
- No, not at all. Money did not change hands. We made a decision to invest SSG into what we feel will be a place where our readers can have a better overall experience. We and the folks at SiriusBuzz simply made a decision that as a team we could provide a better end product for you the readers.HOW DO WE CONTACT YOU?
- You can reach SSG writers the same way you always have, but we will also now have SiriusBuzz e-mail accounts which we will be transitioning into.I HAVE EMAIL OR RSS FEEDS WHAT DO I DO?
- Simply go to www.siriusbuzz.com and click the subscribe button thereHOW DO I PARTICIPATE IN THE FORUMS?
- A simple registration is all that is required. Once you register, not only can you begin to post, but you could win prizes as well.THE NAME IS SIRIUSBUZZ, WHAT ABOUT XM?
- XM stories, posts, etc. are very welcomed at “SiriusBuzz – Satellite Standard and Beyond”. With the satellite radio merger happening, it is unclear what name, if the merger is approved, the new service will have. Sirius Buzz and Satellite Standard have both established their respective names, and both will be maintained. If a new name for a merged satellite radio company comes out of left field, we will cross the bridge at that time. This is a satellite radio community, be it Sirius, XM, or even Slacker.WHY?
- Because we felt that this will give you a better product…..Plain and Simple
It is our hope that you the readers will embrace this change, and participate in making the new site something special. Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions or comments.
6/01/2007 02:06:00 PM
SSG Has Merged. You Can Read All Of The Latest SSG Content By Clicking Here
SSG Merging with SiriusBuzz?
By May 30, 2007 4:48 PM
Have you received clearance from the DOJ and FCC?
What about Senate and House hearings? I haven’t seen any of those scheduled!
I don’t think you should be so confident about merging just yet. After all, we haven’t even heard from the NAB either!
Good luck though. You’ll have to explain how this merger is going to be good for the consumer.
A Concerned Consumer
Seems like a good thing to do for you guys since you were just a bunch of Sirius cheerleaders anyway. There was never any real objectivity in your articles regarding the two satellite companies, it was obvious from the first article I read. Its really too bad you lads never actually listened to XM. But, good luck anyway (I'll never be back)...
By May 30, 2007 6:54 PM
I do have xm. The service as well as the equity.
By SSG, at May 30, 2007 7:08 PM
for the anonomous comment, I wou;ld like to elaborate a bit:
By SSG, at May 30, 2007 11:19 PM
1. It is easy for you to make a statement, but you offer nothing to back up you assertions. This site actively reported news of both equities, and reported opinions of both equities.
2. If you felt the way you did 'after the first article you read" why were you back reading more?
3. The site has many people who contribute story ideas, and that carries an impact on what is read. Have you ever written in with an idea for a story, or an opinion?
4. If you don't like the content, and never come back, that is quite all right. You are free to visit whichever sites you want.
Cheers, and we hope you will enjoy the content offered in the future.
SSG is not a Financial Advisor. Read Disclosure: HERE