<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Wednesday, December 27, 2006

National News On Satellite Radio

December 27, 2006

I learned this morning of the passing of the 38th President, Gerald Ford, on my morning drive. First and foremost, SSG would like to extend condolences to the Ford Family and to join the nation as we honor the life and works of President Ford. Ford was a healer and a decent man who brought the nation together at a time when divisions seemed to big to overcome. While at that time some of his decisions were not viewed as popular, the years that have passed have proven beyond a doubt that Ford made the correct decisions for the nation.

I could have caught this news anywhere, and on virtually any radio station, and I would have had the basic facts. I caught this news on Fox News via Sirius Satellite Radio. Events such as this always make me appreciate satellite radio even more. Because I have satellite radio, I can tune to several NATIONAL BROADCASTS to get varied opinion as I navigate my way on the highways. This is something that terrestrial radio simply can not match.

The Fox News coverage, or any national news outlet, has the best access to special guests that can comment on subject matter. I got to hear from people that were close with or worked with Ford during the 60's and 70's. I heard from Richard Nixon's brother, and I truly appreciated getting that type of analysis. Sure, my local radio would have carried the news, but they likely would not have access to the guests that a Fox or CNN can deliver. Once at my destination, I could also tune in a television, and not miss a beat from what the news was covering, again, something that traditional radio could not offer.

Sometimes it takes an event such as this that makes someone appreciate the little things that we might otherwise take for granted. Having been a subscriber to satellite radio for years, I sometimes forget how much I utilize the national news broadcasts on satellite radio.

12/27/2006 09:47:00 AM


SSG Has Merged. You Can Read All Of The Latest SSG Content By Clicking Here



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


SSG is not a Financial Advisor. Read Disclosure: HERE

--------------------------------------------------------


Sirius Radio TSS-Radio Blog Sirius Answers Credit card merchant account


DIGITAL FREEDOM - BILL OF SIGHTS AND SOUNDS


Search by Label


Links


Logo Design:
Jeremy Sprout

Designed by
miru designs

Powered by 

Blogger