NEW S50 UPDATE
HOW TO COMPLETE THE UPDATE FOR THE S50
Make sure the battery is installed in the S50 and it is fully charged. If the battery is not installed, or is only partially charged, the software updates may not install properly.
The complete update of your S50 has three components:
1. An upgrade to your S50
2. An upgrade to your vehicle dock
3. An upgrade to the firmware
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE S50 SOFTWARE UPGRADE
1. On your computer, make sure you’ve successfully downloaded the S50 application software updates and have closed the “Device Settings” windows.
2. From the My Sirius Studio software, press to eject the S50 from your computer.
3. Wait for the S50 picture to disappear from the My Sirius Studio window. Your computer should display the message “Safe to Remove Hardware”.
4. Disconnect the USB cable from the S50.
5. Once you’ve disconnected the USB cable, the S50 will display “Restart for Update” and will power off within approximately 10 seconds. DO NOT PLACE THE MEDIA PLAYER IN A DOCK AT THIS TIME.
6. Press and hold the Playlist button on the S50 to turn the S50 back on.
7. Once it powers on, the S50 will display “SOFTWARE Updating…” and will complete the software update.
8. When the software update is complete, the “Update Complete!” message will be displayed and the S50 will turn itself off.
Step 1 is now complete.STEP 2: COMPLETE THE S50 CAR DOCK UPGRADE
1. Once you’ve completed the S50 software upgrade, place the S50 in an S50 car dock. The S50 will display “CAR DOCK Updating…” and will complete the car dock software update.
2. When the S50 car dock update is complete, the blue LEDs on the car dock will flash multiple times, the S50 will display an “Update Complete!” message, and the S50 will turn itself off.
Step 2 is now completeSTEP 3: COMPLETE THE S50 FIRMWARE UPGRADE
1. Place the S50 into a car or home dock and make sure it’s receiving SIRIUS satellite or terrestrial signal.
2. Once it powers on, the S50 will display “Firmware Updating…”, followed by “Updating, xx% complete”. The percentage will increase as the update progresses. It takes approximately 4-5 minutes to complete the update. DO NOT UNDOCK THE UNIT DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS.
3. When the update is complete, the S50 displays the “Update Complete!” message for 2 seconds and then powers off.
4. You’ll need to undock and re-dock your S50 to power it back on.This process also updates the Sirius channels if needed.
Step 3 is now complete
YOUR UPDATE IS NOW COMPLETE
3/31/2006 08:41:00 AM
SSG Has Merged. You Can Read All Of The Latest SSG Content By Clicking Here
SSG is not a Financial Advisor. Read Disclosure: HERE