<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Cramer On Sirius Guidance Last Night

Active Trader Update
Merger Watch for SiriusBy Jim CramerRealMoney.com Columnist12/5/2006 8:58 AM

lThis column was originally published on RealMoney on Dec. 5 at 8:36 a.m. EST. It's being republished as a bonus for TheStreet.com readers. For more information about subscribing to RealMoney, please click here.

It was bound to happen sometime: Last night, Sirius (SIRI) under Mel Karmazin became, well, less serious. This revision downward in Sirius sales comes at a really bad time: more than 10 trading days before Christmas.
I know for a fact that this management team was not going to make a call on sales until closer to Christmas. But the downward revision in subscribers, to a range of 5.9 million to 6.1 million instead of the targeted 6.3 million, is the first big miss for the Karmazin team. It remains to be seen whether the miss was telegraphed in the stock or whether the equity now has to drop below the $4 level. To me, the latter seems more likely.
I have to tell you, I thought that without a merger with XM (XMSR) , these two companies might not create a lot of wealth in the next few years. Mel convinced me I was wrong.
I wasn't. I blew it. I should have stuck to my guns. I feel embarrassed. And I don't like it.
Mel had been money in the bank. Everyone deserves one strike. But in my league, two strikes and you're out.
Even a half-strike more and you're out in this satellite game. If Mel hits the low end of the range or doesn't hit it at all -- both entirely possible if sales don't pick up in the next two weeks -- this one's done for, without a merger.
Should have stuck with my first view.
My bad....read more: Here

12/05/2006 09:19:00 AM


SSG Has Merged. You Can Read All Of The Latest SSG Content By Clicking Here



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


SSG is not a Financial Advisor. Read Disclosure: HERE

--------------------------------------------------------


Sirius Radio TSS-Radio Blog Sirius Answers Credit card merchant account


DIGITAL FREEDOM - BILL OF SIGHTS AND SOUNDS


Search by Label


Links


Logo Design:
Jeremy Sprout

Designed by
miru designs

Powered by 

Blogger