<$BlogRSDUrl$>



Thursday, August 03, 2006

Why I Gave My iPod To My 6-Year Old (honestly!)


I used to listen to an iPod, but thankfully, I now have options (satellite radio), so I gave mine to my 6-year old. Here are a few reasons:

1. I was frustrated with mediocre battery life. I had the one from the batch with defective batteries. If i forgot to charge it one day, I could be stranded on the elliptical machine, music-less. On principle, I did file the paper work to participate in the class action lawsuit, requesting the battery rather than the cash, but I understand that I could be waiting for years.

2. I got tired of downloading songs, first from my CD collection to my computer, then from my computer to my iPod. I found it time consuming and boring, not to mention the administrative nightmare of keeping track of what I had and had not recorded.

3. I got bored listening to the same music. Despite the fact the my CD collection boasts thousands of songs, over the years, I had listened to these CD's ad-nauseum, and was simply saturated.

4. Downloading from iTunes does not make financial sense. At $0.99 per song, do the numbers, it would cost thousands to fill the darn thing!

5. Listening to my iPod did not expose me to new music. I generally don't have the time to sit in front of my computer and sample new music from the iTunes site, so I found it difficult to stay current.

6. I can't listen to the news on an iPod. I don't have the time to watch CNN on TV. The only time I can catch up is on the go.

7. I don't have to worry about what my 6 year old listens to on an iPod. One must be technically savvy/computer literate to download, and she certainly isn't, so I can control the content. I fill it with "Sound of Music" and "Lion King" and don't have to concern myself (yet) about her listening to R-rated music.

So now my kid is the proud owner of an iPod!

8/03/2006 10:35:00 PM


SSG Has Merged. You Can Read All Of The Latest SSG Content By Clicking Here



0 Comments:

Post a Comment


SSG is not a Financial Advisor. Read Disclosure: HERE

--------------------------------------------------------


Sirius Radio TSS-Radio Blog Sirius Answers Credit card merchant account


DIGITAL FREEDOM - BILL OF SIGHTS AND SOUNDS


Search by Label


Links


Logo Design:
Jeremy Sprout

Designed by
miru designs

Powered by 

Blogger